The Variant Call Format (VCF) is the de facto standard for storing variant information from next-generation DNA sequencing experiments. The VCF specification allows for storage both sample-specific and variant-specific information. However, this information is not readily parseable for investigators without significant bioinformatics support. Here we present VCF-Miner, a graphical user interface for sorting, filtering and querying information encoded in VCF files.
Key features of VCF-Miner:
- Users are not required to understand computer programming languages
- Maintains user-specific annotations
- It is a local installation so data is never sent over ‘the cloud’
Source code and installation instructions:
Available at GitHub
- The default login on a local install is username “Admin”, password “temppass”.
- For info on how to change this password (this should certainly be changed if installed on a shared server for multiple users), or for errors or user configuration see Login and User Configuration
Page last modified: March 6, 2017