If your VCF File is not annotated, it is quite simple to add them in using SeattleSeq. This tutorial will walk you through the process. Importantly, this assumes that you have a properly formatted VCF File to begin with. If you don’t have one, feel free to use one that we provide here.
- Open your browser to http://snp.gs.washington.edu/SeattleSeqAnnotation137/
- If your coordinates are based on GrCh38, instead of hg19, use this link instead.
- Insert your e-mail address so they know whom to contact when the annotation is complete.
- In the Input File Format box, check “VCF SNVs and Indels (both)” and ensure the VCF file format is the selected output
- Choose the annotations you want to display and click submit
- Wait for the annotation email
- Click the link in the email to download the VCF file. It’ll look something like: SeattleSeqAnnotation137.test.vcf.334141557288.txt.gz
- Upload this file to VCF-Miner
Page last modified: June 15, 2015